Skip to main content

REZOOM!

61 lbs. released a few wks ago

I've been really busy the past few weeks, and I totally spaced posting on the blog.  I've been out camping with my family, taking the kids to hoards of testing for dyslexia, ADHD and Autism, IEP meetings, taught several lessons on Astronomy, bought a new car because the old one just finally wasn't cutting it anymore, so forth and so on.  I wish I could say I've been writing, but alas, that is finally coming into balance again.  It's been a rough road.

I'm really excited, though, because through all that stress, especially a road trip, I stuck to my "Bright Lines" (Bright Lines = no sugar, no flour, weigh food and eat only 3 times a day unless you have a medical condition, which I don't), and not only have I not gained a pound back, I've lost four.  :)

There is a principle I want to share with you in Bright Line Eating called "REZOOM."  Basically, people fall off the wagon whether it's food, alcohol, smoking, etc.  Or they find themselves doing whatever it was they did before even though they've put new habits in place.  Let's face it, changing a lifetime of habit can be HARD.  
When you find yourself halfway through whatever it is that you popped into your mouth, or you're sitting there looking at your empty glass of beverage that wasn't the best for you, don't despair.  Don't give up.  THIS is the time for REZOOM.  Quickly recommit.  Try again, right that moment.  The moment that you are AWARE, that's when you shove it aside and walk away.  If you continue to do this enough times, your subconscious will wake up and realize you mean business.

I haven't needed to rezoom on Bright Line Eating.  I really want to lose the weight and keep it off.  That's important to me.  However, I have needed that principle for other areas of my life that I'm struggling to change.  For instance, I really want to be an early riser.  So far, I'd had to rezoom my way to a two hour improvement.  I still don't get up at 4:00 am, but I'm a frequent riser between 5:00 and 6:00 in the morning because instead of throwing in the towel, I keep rezooming.  That's the thing about true principles - they'll work in any area of your life!

Remember:  It's progression, not perfection we're looking for!

Here's a photo of me last week at the end of our camping trip with all our little ones.  In this photo, you can see I still have a lot of weight to lose:
I'm wearing a XL shirt and a XL sweater - not in "WOMENS!"

I'm still having trouble wrapping my mind around it.  I still wear some WOMENS clothes, but they're pretty baggy.
This is only two weeks difference from the B&W photos.

Today I'm two pounds thinner than that photo, making a total of  65 lbs lost.  I've slowed down to average about 1-2 lbs a week, which is healthy.  It's hard after the weight fell off the first few months,
but I don't want to get sick doing this either.  I keep the turtle and the hare in mind often.

And to really give you a perspective, here's what I looked like at my top weight before 
Bright Line Eating:
Wearing 2X-3X WOMENS clothes, and several bra 
sizes larger....  :O

Slow and Steady wins the race - and if you fall, pick yourself up and REZOOM immediately!  I'm telling you, it really does work.  ♥♥♥




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Organized... again.

I have been hesitant to write about religious things for a long time now.  I guess you might say I allowed the opinions of others to bother me...  I didn't want to be one of those that trivialized the scriptures, or made life seem more perfect than it is.  Being LDS does not mean everything is going to go smooth in your life.  It's more realistic to say that it doesn't. But I was listening to a 2017 Time Out For Women talk, and in it Laurel C Day  showed a clip of an address that Elder Holland gave.  He said, "Be of good cheer.  We are COMMANDED to be of good cheer."  And I thought to myself, "Oops."  I know that's something I've been lacking in, so I started looking for ways to have "good cheer," and I remembered that sharing what I've learned about gospel principles makes me happy.  So I'm going to write this, and I am just going to hope that even though I tend to wax long winded on gospel subjects, it will be okay to th

Daddy

My daddy and I Christmas 1974 Lately thoughts of my dad have been coming up.  He died in 2008 with colon cancer.  It wasn't an easy thing to deal with, and the grieving process seems to be slow. When my grandma died in March, I was struck with this overwhelming feeling of loss.  Not just her death, but all the ones that had preceded it.  Grandparents, my dad, great aunts and uncles...  a whole generation, gone, and my dad was the first of the next.  And I thought about how I wished I could talk to dad, and just have that fatherly voice in my life.   To be able to connect with him and hear his thoughts on things. Remember I said I was in burnout the last time I blogged?  Well, I am pulling out of it.  I took some time and worked through a little book called Make It Happen by Lara Casey.  I'll blog more about that later - it's enough now to say, her questions kept bringing up some interesting answers for me, and my dad kept coming to mind. Last night at 2:30

25 Reasons Why I Chose You (Plus One)

I chose you because you were strong in the gospel. I chose you because you loved the Lord. I chose you because you held me when I cried. I chose you because you made me laugh. I chose you because you let me be me. I chose you because I had fun with you. I chose you because you had dreams and ambitions. I chose you because you're gorgeous. I chose you because you promised me a happy life. I chose you because you were good with your siblings. I chose you because you made me feel sexy and beautiful. I chose you because you challenged me. I chose you because you needed me. I chose you because we both crazy about books. I chose you because you recognize my talents. I chose you because you believed in me. I chose you because I believed in you. I chose you because you were there for me. I chose you because you never left. I chose you because you are kind and generous. I chose you because I knew you'